The Fairfax County Department of Transportation will be hosting meetings on a proposed Fairfax Connector bus service plan that will start when service on Phase 1 of the Silver Line opens.
Phase 1, which will run from Tysons to Reston's Wiehle Avenue, is scheduled to open in December of 2013.
Fairfax County DOT’s plan includes the addition of 12 new routes and restructuring of 20 existing routes, as well as eliminating six routes. The plan will be discussed at each of the public meetings scheduled, with emphasis on the routes in the vicinity of each meeting.
All meetings are 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Meetings will be held:
• Vienna: Monday, Feb. 4, Westbriar Elementary School, 1741 Pine Valley Dr.
• Falls Church: Tuesday, Feb. 5, Luther Jackson Middle School, 3020 Gallows Rd.
• Herndon: Wednesday, Feb. 6, Herndon Town Council Chambers, 765 Lynn St.
• Reston: Thursday, Feb. 7, Reston Community Center - Lake Anne, 1609A Washington Plz.
• Reston: Monday, Feb. 11, Lake Anne Elementary School, 11510 North Shore Dr.
Additionally, an online Ask Fairfax! discussion on the plan will be discussed at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 10. Questions for the discussion can be submitted online beginning Jan. 31.
Stay up to date on all Tysons Corner news with our free daily email newsletter.