Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the Tysons Corner area of the McLean Police District (Tysons Corner, Merrifield, Dunn Loring, Falls Church, McLean, parts of Vienna and Great Falls) during the week ending Dec. 5.
- BURGLARY, 7600 block of Lee Highway, 11/29/12, 2:45 a.m. Officers responded for an alarm. They found the front window on a business broken. An employee responded and confirmed nothing was stolen.
- BURGLARY, 8600 block of Westwood Center Drive, 11/30/12, 2:30 p.m. An employee reported someone entered the business and stole two computers. Entry was made through an unsecured door.
- ROBBERY, 7500 block of Leesburg Pike, 12/3/12, 8 p.m. The victim reported he was approaching an ATM when allegedly another man pushed him to the ground and attempted to take the victim’s wallet. After a brief struggle the suspect fled. Ahmad Karram, 33, of Reston, was charged with robbery.
- iPad stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Two laptops stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Two pairs of sunglasses stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Cell phone stolen from residence on Charing Cross Road
- Cash stolen from business on Gallows Road
- Watches stolen from business on International Drive
- Wallet stolen from business on Tysons Corner
- Wallet stolen from business on Westpark Drive
Animal Control Division - Countywide
- ANIMAL WELFARE, 4400 block of Tarpon Lane, 12/1/12, 7:30 a.m. Animal Control officers responded to check on the welfare of animals in the home. Approximately, 45 cats were found. Six cats were released to the county. The remaining cats appeared to be in good condition. Karan Cerutti, 57, of Alexandria was charged with five counts rabies vaccination and six counts for inadequate animal care.
- ANIMAL CRUELTY, 6800 block of Metropolitan Center Drive, 12/1/12, 5:35 p.m. Animal Control officers were called to check on a dog which allegedly was left in a vehicle. Travis Wooten, 22, of North Carolina, was charged with animal cruelty. The terrier breed dog was not injured.
- ANIMAL BITE, 4900 block of Swinton Drive, 12/4/12, 2 p.m. A 78-year-old victim reported she was walking on the sidewalk when a dog ran over to her and bit her on the thigh. She was not seriously injured. The case is still under investigation.