December is halfway through, but if the season has kept you busier than you expected, there's still time to get a Christmas Tree.
Skip the fake tree and pick up an authentic pine tree from one of these cut-your-own farms or family fun Christmas tree outing spots.
There are several tree lots along Maple Avenue in Vienna, and there is a pop-up tree lot at National Realty in Reston. But if you feel like cutting your own, here's your best bet:
- Where: Sweetwater Lane in Chantilly
- Hours: 10 a.m. to dark, daily.
- Cut your own Christmas trees at Joe’s Trees. Tree varieties include Norway and Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, and Scotch and White Pine. Trees average around $40
- Call 703-754-7825 for more information.
Hank’s Christmas Trees at Hartland Farm
- Where: 3064 Hartland Lane, Markham
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily until Dec. 23
- Fresh wreaths made on site, free warm beverages are available, and dogs on leashes are allowed. Tree varieties include blue spruce, white pine, scots pine, fraser fir, and more. Gloves and hand saws are provided with tie-down rope. 540-533-6901 or http://www.hartlandfarmandorchard.com
Snickers Gap Tree Farm
- 34350 Williams Gap Road, Round Hill
- Hours: 9 a.m. to dark Saturdays and Sundays , noon until dark
- Snickers Gap Tree Farm has more than 40,000 trees in various stages of growth, and specialties include Mountain Slow Grown Douglas Fir and Colorado Blue Spruce, as well as a variety of Mountain Slow Grown Norway Spruce. You can cut your own Christmas tree at the farm.
- (540) 554-8323 or www.snickersgaptrees.com.
Do you know of any other spots to get a tree? Tell us in the comments.