The Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT), along with the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation Research, recently designated seven Fairfax County employers and two business sites -- two of them in Tysons -- as “Best Workplaces for Commuters” for 2012.
The employers were recognized for the range of transportation options offered to their employees. The “Best Workplaces for Commuters” designation acknowledges employers who excel in implementing green commuter programs such as ridesharing, transit benefits, biking and walking, teleworking and other transportation demand management strategies, according to a news release.
The winners this year are:
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- SRA International (Corporate Office)
- SRA International
- Defense Health Headquarters (DHHQ)
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Towers Crescent
- Access Tysons