Tysons Crime Blotter: Cell Phone, Cases Stolen
A summary of the latest Tysons incidents, arrests reported by Fairfax County police. Where an arrest is mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Editor’s Note: Incident information was obtained from the Activity Report provided by Fairfax County Police Department’s Public Information Office. The incidents included are at the discretion of the PIO and are not to be considered all-inclusive. They run below unedited.
Fairfax County Police logged the following incidents in the McLean Police District, which includes Merrifield, Dunn Loring, Falls Church, McLean, Tysons Corner, and Great Falls, during the week ending Dec. 12.
- DIRECTED PATROL, 12/8/12. McLean Police District officers searched the area for drunk drivers. One driver was arrested for DWI. Twenty summonses and 22 warnings were issued.
- Cash stolen from business on Arlington Boulevard
- Cell phone stolen from business on Chain Bridge Road
- Watch stolen from business on District Avenue
- Purse stolen from vehicle on Georgetown Pike
- Pens stolen from business on International Drive
- Merchandise stolen from business on International Drive
- Beer stolen from business on Lee Highway
- GPS and cell phone stolen from vehicle on Lee Land Drive
- Cash stolen from business on Old Gallows Road
- Phone case stolen from business in Tysons Corner Center
- Cell phone stolen from business in Tysons Corner Center
Animal Control Division (Countywide)
- ANIMAL BITE, 9500 block of Kirkfield Road, 5 p.m. 12/10/12, A man was running on a path when he approached a woman walking a dog on a leash. The dog allegedly jumped and bit the victim on the arm. The Hound mix was routinely quarantined.